Do you dream of spending the summer in the sun, lounging beside a sparkling clean swimming pool? Do you also dream of never having to worry about the maintenance of your pool? If so, you may be shocked to learn that your dream is within reach: you can make your swimming pool virtually maintenance-free through pool automation.
Pool automation refers to using various technologies and devices that automate the care and upkeep of a swimming pool. This includes automatic cleaners, robotic skimmers, and chemical dosing systems. With the power of automation, you can take care of all your pool maintenance tasks with the touch of a button.
Whether you’re looking to maintain water clarity and pH levels or keep your pool sparkling clean, automation can help. But how can you get started? And what elements of a pool should you automate?
In this guide to pool automation, we’ll explore the benefits that automation can bring to your pool and explain how you can easily integrate automated components into your existing pool setup. We’ll also look at various automation styles and what you can do to get started.
What is Pool Automation?Pool automation is the use of various technologies and devices that automate the care and upkeep of a swimming pool. This includes automatic cleaners, robotic skimmers, and chemical dosing systems. With the power of automation, you can take care of all your pool maintenance tasks with the touch of a button – often over a WiFi or Bluetooth connection.
Pool automation can be broken down into these main categories:
1. Cleaning and MaintenanceAutomatic cleaners and robotic skimmers are two examples of pool cleaning automation.
Automatic cleaners are machines that clean the bottom and sides of your pool by sucking up dirt and debris, while robotic skimmers use brushes to clean the surface of the water. These machines can be programmed to run at certain times of the day, so you won’t have to manually clean your pool every time.
2. Chemical DosingChemical dosing systems are automated devices that maintain a swimming pool’s pH levels and water clarity. These systems work by measuring the chemical levels in the water and then automatically adding the necessary chemicals to balance out the levels. The end result is a pool that’s always in tip-top shape and ready for swimming.
3. LightingAutomated lighting systems allow you to turn your pool into an outdoor oasis, no matter the time of day. With automated lights, you can control your pool lights’ colors, brightness, and even music from the comfort of your home. Whether you’re looking for a romantic dinner or throwing a pool party, automated lighting can help set the atmosphere.
4. Other Automation ToolsThere are also other elements that can be automated, such as pump timers, temperature regulators, salt water generators and water level sensors. These devices make monitoring and maintaining your pool easier, so you don’t have to worry about constantly checking on it.
What are the Benefits of Pool Automation?The capabilities of pool automation can seem almost too good to be true. But when it comes down to it, there are a number of benefits that automation can bring to your pool.
1. Save Time and EffortWith automated systems, you can save time and effort that would otherwise be spent cleaning and maintaining your pool. Automation takes the hassle out of pool maintenance, so you can spend more time enjoying your pool instead of worrying about it.
Imagine having to manually clean your pool every time it got dirty. Automated cleaners and skimmers take that responsibility off your plate and put it onto the machines. Just sit back and watch as your pool is taken care of without you having to lift a finger.
2. Improve Water QualityAutomation can also help to improve the water quality in your pool. With automated chemical dosing systems, you can be sure that the pH levels and chlorine levels are always balanced, so your pool stays clean and safe for swimming.
For instance, if the pH levels in your pool are off, an automated dosing system can quickly add chemicals to bring them back up to a safe level. This works by continuously monitoring the water levels and automatically adding chemicals whenever it senses a problem.
3. Create an Ambiance Everyone Will LoveYour pool and outdoor area can become a beautiful, relaxing oasis with automated lighting. With the help of automated lights, you can create stunning colors and effects that will make your pool stand out from the rest.
You can even program these lights to change colors based on the mood you’re going for or match them to the music playing in your outdoor area. Now just imagine the possibilities that could open up for your next pool party!